From Vic.gov.au | Coronavirus as of April 2021
Public notice regarding Non-Essential activities
Victorians must use common sense and consideration when it comes to their activities during these difficult times.
Visitors to the Ballan Community Centre must make themselves aware of the current restrictions in effect and observe the appropriate social distancing and sanitizing regimes that are currently in place for the benefit and protection of all who use the centre.
While face masks are not currently required in the Community House face masks continue to be mandatory in some locations, unless a lawful reason not to wear one applies.
While the Community House office is currently operating under normal office hours by our indispensable staff and volunteers we are also readily contactable by phone and email.
On behalf of the Board of the Ballan & District Community House and the Management
1 February, 2021
Indoor physical recreation facilities
Includes gyms, fitness centres and studios such as
- Tai Chi and
- Visual Art Classes
Open with COVIDSafe requirements: density limit of one per four square metres for all venues.
- Classes limited to 50 patrons and electronic record keeping is recommended.
- COVID Marshals required when staffed. When gyms are unstaffed, a density limit of one per eight square metres applies.
- Signage must state the number of people permitted inside, disinfectant must be supplied for use by patrons, and record keeping is required.
- Go to for operational guidance and frequently asked questions.
Community Facilities and Libraries
Under COVIDSafe Summer restrictions, community services and local government facilities in Victoria can operate as follows:
- Open with COVIDSafe requirements: density limit of one per two square metres if using electronic record keeping must be used. Otherwise density limit of one per four square metres applies if using manual record keeping.